Thursday, 13 October 2011
Oshougatu
My favorite holiday is Oshougatsu. In here, people just say "Happy New Year!"on January 1st;however,in Japan, almost people stay with their family at least 3days.Therefore some people visit their parent's home.The other people have a good time at their home. There are some reasons why I like Oshsougatu.First, I love special dishes. We eat Osechi for thee meals. It is Japanese traditional food. The ingredients have each meaning. For example, a lotus root has the wish that we can see far ahead into the future, and we also eat Ozouni. It is used omochi. This dish's taste is deference from each distinct. People live in the west of Japan prefer strongly seasoned. On the other hand, people live in the east of Japan like weak soup. In addition, that is the same with a lot dish, for example, Udon and Sushi's garnish. Second, I can stay with my family. I rarely talk with them, because they work hard,so I always spend my time alone.In summary, I can hardly wait for Oshougatu.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That food looks really delicious! Actually it looks more like art...I'd want to take a picture before I ate it. I hope you have a good New Year's holiday this year!
ReplyDeleteCorrections:
Here, people just say "Happy New Year!" on January 1st; however,in Japan, almost everyone stays with their family at least 3 days.
On the other hand, people who live in the east of Japan like weak soup.
i think is better celebrate new year and stay with your family more than one day! that's great! i hope you have a happy Oshougatsu this year! :)
ReplyDelete