Thursday, 27 October 2011

The crime rate


The cultural shock that I received for the first time since I came here was in safety. My host mather said to me "You must not walk anywhere alone at night. " I think my hometown is safetier than Calgary.  From the outset a crime rate of my country is also fewer than Canada. There is rarely murder cases and if you leave your wallet in the car, Nobady steal it in my home country. Moreover, women can go outside alone at night, so I often used to go jogging alone from 11:00 pm and go to my friend's house to talk. I was surprised even more because I heard that Canada was a safe country. However I reconfirmed that my safe hometown was rarer worldwide in this way. 

1 comment:

  1. Actually I think that Calgary is pretty safe, but you have to use precautions, especially at night. I've never felt in danger here, but it might be different for women.

    Corrections:
    I think my hometown is safer than Calgary.

    There are rarely murder cases and if you leave your wallet in the car, nobody will steal it in my home country.

    ReplyDelete